Since its launch, the e-Courts Services App has been viewed as a huge step towards digitizing courts and making entire justice delivery system a little hassle free. The app’s latest version, 1.4, is available for both Android and iOS.
Commenting on the utility of the mobile application, Justice Madan B Lokur told LiveLaw, “The mobile app is remarkably versatile. It gives access to all the relevant available information about a case through an extremely user-friendly interface. A unique and amazing feature of the app is that the user can take advantage of the ability to scan the QR code of a case file and easily obtain the information entered into it. The second unique feature is that the user can toggle between district court cases and High Court cases and save the data in My Cases. There are several other remarkable features for the benefit of lawyers and litigants.”
Here are the prominent features of the app:
- It provides information relating to cases filed in subordinate courts and most high courts of the country.
- The app lists down services under different tabs—Search by CNR, Case Status, Cause List, Calendar and My Cases. CNR is a unique number assigned to each case filed in district and taluka courts in the country.
- Case status can be searched by various options like Number, Party Name, Filing Number, FIR Number, Advocate Name, Relevant Act, and Case Type. The entire case history can easily be obtained.
- Information can also be searched by the Advocate’s name or his bar code.
- ‘Data Case List’ is a unique cause list option which generates a list of all cases of a particular advocate listed before all courts in the complex.
- A litigant or a lawyer can save all cases of interest using ‘Add Case’ button, which will be shown under ‘My Cases’ tab.
- Backup facility allows taking backup of saved cases on your mobiles.